Planning your walking holiday in West Cork Ireland, well we at West Cork Walks would like to offer some advice as to things which will make your walk with us much safer, comfortable and enjoy to the fullest you walk with us, some things such as :
- Walking boots with good ankle support – all leather Gore-tex lined with a Vibram sole.
- Raingear ie waterproof jacket and pants with Gore-tex. No jeans or cotton garments to be worn on walks.
- Base layers. Polyester are best in tops, and tracksuit or breathable pants.
- Good hiking socks ( with a spare pair and base layer top in a sealed bag in rucksack)
- Rucksack 30 to 35 litre with a sealed compartment
- Water bottle, lunch box, small first aid kit, hat & gloves, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Gators and walking poles.
- Any personal medicine’s you require and may be taking presently.
- Insurance – Outdoor activities, while enjoyed by most, can sometimes lead to unexpected incidents, ie such as sprains and falls so for your safety we would recommended that you take out personal accident insurance.
Once you are equipped with the above, we look forward to meeting you in West Cork for a great walking experience.